Loads of companies and recruiters use some type of screening tests but few look at the all important concept that faster productivity + team dynamics in whether a potential new hire is both a role fit AND a team fit We know that a new hire impacts team dynamics. While some have a one-size-fits-all behavioral analysis testing for the candidate only, what are the recruiter or hiring manager comparing the candidate to?
Some measure job skills, others measure interpersonal and communication skills, planning and organizing, and some measure aptitudes, and still others cognitive ability. There are even some that test applicants on their ability to make presentations or on their behavior pattern in a simulated meeting, however they still fail to consider profiling hiring teams in order to form a target candidate profile as part of measuring team fit to make a new hire impacts team dynamics positively.
Productivity in how New Hire Impacts Team Dynamics
One way to understand the first part of performance based recruiting is in the discovery step prior to planning a search strategy. Sadly too many internal recruiters and HR managers put too much emphasis on matching potential candidates to a “one-size-fits-all” corporate culture. They fail to take into account that EACH TEAM is UNIQUE.
Each team has it’s own culture that is not a clone identity to the corporate culture. If you want to achieve faster productivity, recognize how new hires impact team dynamics in recognizing the positives and negatives. You must take that individual team culture the new hire will work within as part of your search strategy. What the executive search consultants at NextGen do is to ask the stakeholders (listed below) to take a brief less than 10 minutes online survey that can be taken 24/7.
- his/her direct report/hiring manager
- at least 2-3 internal customers
- for sales, product management, product marketing, and sales engineering roles, we recommend at least 1-2 key external customers on whom this position will have an impact.
This is where many internal hiring managers miss the boat. Many in Human Resources and even some executives fear asking external customers (who can be direct customers, partners, or vendors) to participate. Their immediate thought is to perceive this as negative. Rather it is completely positive as those external stakeholders value and appreciate you have included them on designing a target candidate profile. It makes for better customer interaction because you are taking into account how not only how they interface with this role, but also the impact the potential new hire will have on productivity + team dynamics.
Achieving Longer Retention | New Hire Impacts Team Dynamics
It is designed to gauge and measure each respondents view of the role and team in terms of values and motivations, relational communications traits, decision making and conflict resolution skills. These questions in the survey, combined with how each stakeholder views the OBJECTIVES of the role instead of the requirements and responsibilities, is used to create a Composite Team Profile.
With the information gathered the original job spec, the discovery step, and the composite team profile, the recruiter can effectively construct a Search Strategy including a Target Candidate Profile for screening and assessment.
The end goal is to identify, recruit, assess, and determine a shortlist of candidates that are both a role fit and team fit, meaning that they have a high likelihood of achieving the objectives of the role. In other words, new hire impacts team dynamics becomes a positive impact. NextGen’s award-winning Leadership Vault search process has resulted in 94% of our placements still working for the company we staffed at 3.5 years of employment.
In addition, the most common feedback is that the candidates we presented not only met, but exceeded client expectations. Combined with an industry leading 24 to 36 months replacement guarantee and performance based recruitment fees, we are often called upon when other search firms have failed to deliver.
- Effectively Manage a Remote Workforce - April 9, 2020
- Myths in Recruiting – Part 2 of Make Better Hiring Decisions - January 7, 2020
- Affordability of Retained Search Fees – Make Better Hiring Decisions – Part 3 - January 7, 2020
- Make Better Hiring Decisions Amid Myths in Recruiting – Part 1 - December 10, 2019
- Engaging a Retained Search Firm for Multiple Key Staffing Needs is Best Option - October 31, 2019
- Ditching Recruiting Firms Contingency, RPOs, and Old-Fashioned Retained Search - October 27, 2019
- Why Two-Way Behavioral Assessments is Key to a Great Hire - October 24, 2019
- Mobile Threat Exploits Are You Prepared to Defend Against Malicious Apps? - August 27, 2019
- Personal Cyber Security Has Now Become More Personalized - August 20, 2019
- Facing New Cyber Warfare Tactics – Implement CCI Methods - August 15, 2019